Spring Break 2013
March Break 2013 Service Trip
w/ Habitat for Humanity & the Ethel Walkers School
Who can attend: Any Avon student. If we have more students interested than spots available, priority will be given to seniors and post graduates with a previous commitment to community service.
What: Our group will work with a group from the Ethel Walkers School as well as other college/university groups on one or more of three types of projects: building Habitat houses, affiliate development projects, and community projects.
When & Where: Franklin, WV (3 hours outside of DC, in the heart of the Appalachia)
- March 10th – 16th (dates may change slightly depending on flight availability)
- 10 students & 2 faculty from AOF & 10 students & 2 faculty from the Ethel Walkers School
Why: To do some community service, stay active over the long Spring Break & have FUN!
How much: The total cost of the trip will be $300.00 per student (plus airfare). This amount includes transportation to and from the airport once in DC/WV as well as all transportation during the week, all meals, housing and supplies for the worksite. Each student must submit a $100.00 non-refundable deposit in order to hold his spot. The paperwork and deposit are due by Wednesday, December 5th to Mrs. Callaghan. You can either scan and e-mail the documents or mail them directly to me here at the school.
* Information on flights and exact arrival and departure times will be available in early January.
Below is a check list of the things you need to complete in order to sign up for the trip. All of the information below is due by Wednesday, December 5th, 2012.
1. _____ AOF Consent Form & Medical Release, Student Information form (pg. 2, 3 & 4)
2. _____ Check for $100.00, non-refundable deposit (required to hold a spot)
* Please make checks payable to Avon Old Farms School and be sure to write March Habitat Trip 2013 on the memo line. If your son is not a senior or PG and there ends up not being enough room on the trip, you will get your deposit returned.
3. _____ Community Service Essay: each student must submit, along with all other forms, a half-page typed response describing his previous commitment to community service and why he wants to participate in this trip.
4. _____ ALL Habitat forms:
__Habitat for Humanity Collegiate Challenge Release & Waiver of Liability (p. 5 & 6)
__Habitat for Humanity Collegiate Challenge Emergency Contact Information (p. 7 & 8)
__Almost Heaven HFH Release & Waiver of Liability (Adult or Minor) (p. 9 or 10)
__Almost Heaven HFH Volunteer Information and Conduct Agreement (p. 11 & 12)
If you have questions, please contact Mrs. Callaghan at email@example.com or 860-404-4299.
Please download the following forms (.pdf) and return them to Mrs. Callaghan.
1. AOF Consent and Medical ReleaseForm...
2. Habitat for Humanity 2013 March Break Trip Packet...