Avon Old Farms students are required to complete an ImPACT Baseline Neurocongitive test every year. This test will be stored via the internet and available to the Avon Old Farms medical staff if the student suffers a concussion. The test is not a diagnostic tool; however, the test helps ensure that the student has recovered from the concussion prior to returning to a sport/activity. This neurocognative testing system is used worldwide as a gold standard tool in the management of concussion.
ALL students are required to self-administer the test prior to arriving on campus. The test will take approximately 30 minutes to complete and the demographic information should take less than 10 minutes to complete. If you have any questions, please email Geoffrey Regan or Lauren Eastman, our Athletic Trainers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Make sure you are using the current version of your web browser (Internet Explorer, Edge, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari). Older versions, especially in Chrome, are known to interfere with the test system.
3. If you have a pop-up blocked ON, you must turn it OFF for the duration of the test.
4. Your browser must accept cookies.
6. Close all other programs on your computer before taking the test.
7. You need a broadband Internet connection without time restrictions.
8. The screen must be 12 inches or larger.
9. If you are running Windows 7, make sure power management is set to High Performance, otherwise performance may be slowed affecting test accuracy.
Please perform the test in a quiet room free of distractions. Make sure you have completed the test prior to closing the program (it will say "Thank you for taking the test"). Please DO NOT email the confirmation page.
Before beginning the test, download or print out detailed instructions for demographic information. Enter Customer Code 48119AB6C2