Academics at Avon
We will continue to emphasize the importance of excellent on-campus, in-person instruction, but that traditional model will be strengthened by creating a blended learning design for current courses in order to offer the best and most flexible model of instruction for both on-campus and online learning.
The AOF blended learning model involves an online learning program and an on-campus, in-person program that allows students to move between the two as circumstances require in order to maintain their course of study.
- Our teachers will redesign courses by creating comprehensive online content that aligns with in-person instruction. - Developing online content extends the classroom and will allow for a smoother transition to distance learning should there be a disruption to our on-campus program, while meeting our same high standards of rigor, excellence, and commitment to R.E.A.L. Learning and best practices for educating boys.
- As part of a blended learning model, our students will develop and refine valuable media literacy and information and communication technology (ICT) skills in addition to gaining knowledge about themselves as students with individual learning styles.
- Blended learning environments fundamentally emphasize relational learning by providing more opportunities for students and teachers to interact.
- Online content will not only allow students who cannot or choose not to be on campus to continue their program of study, but will also be available to on-campus learners to provide for more active (activity-based) learning in the classroom,
- Online learners will have opportunities to stay connected to the on-campus program through scheduled meetings with teachers and advisors and opportunities to collaborate with on-campus learners whenever appropriate and possible.
- A revised academic calendar includes an earlier start date that will allow for an extended winter break after Thanksgiving and a student-driven, interdisciplinary project-based Character Program for a week in December.
Enrollment & Tuition
Online learning will be available to students who cannot or choose not to be on campus in order for them to participate in the academic program. The cost is $11,250 per quarter.
If you are interested in pursuing this mode of learning, or have questions about your situation, please contact:
- Domestic Students: Chris Webb, firstname.lastname@example.org
- International Students: Christel Rooney, email@example.com
In the event that we are required to transition to online learning, we will provide a refund that reflects cost savings associated with our closure.
AVON SAFE: How We're Keeping Students Safe In Class
- De-densify all existing classroom spaces.
- Distance through redesigned classroom and instructional spaces.
- Repurpose appropriate spaces for use as classrooms to meet physical distancing guidelines.
- Establishment of safe classroom protocols to include new entry/exit procedures to maintain safe physical distancing and additional cleaning and disinfection procedures.
- Air exchange units are being installed in quad classrooms to increase fresh air flow.
- All class participants (students and instructors) must wear face masks and students will be encouraged to face the same direction as much as possible.
- Additional personal hygiene measures will be required for more interactive teaching environments.