Make a Qualified Charitable Distribution from Your IRA
- A qualified charitable distribution from an IRA is a good way for IRA owners age 70½ and over to support our work. It’s easy to do.
- Instruct your IRA custodian to make a distribution directly to our organization.
- Although there is no tax deduction, the distribution is excluded from your income for federal tax purposes—no tax is due!
- Up to $100,000 of your gift (annual aggregate limit) qualifies for this favorable tax treatment.
- Your gift makes an immediate impact.
- A qualified charitable distribution from an IRA counts toward a donor's required minimum distribution (RMD) if one is due. Contributions to your IRA after age 70½ can impact the amount eligible for a tax-free transfer.