We're Looking forward to 2020-2021
Stay connected with the Avon community over the summer!
We will be scheduling Zoom meetings with you throughout the remainder of the summer and will email you with details about the events.
Avon Safe is our comprehensive strategy to keep our campus and our community safe by limiting the spread of COVID-19. Our COVID Task Force has formulated a Pandemic Operations Response Plan to address multiple considerations including the health, wellness, and safety of our community as well as the continuity of operations of the school with the least impact to our students and faculty during the current pandemic.
AP and Honors students have summer assignments to complete.
1. Academic Requirements
Required Summer Reading
AP/Honors students are required to complete summer assignments. Please visit the Google classroom links to access your assignments.
NEW STUDENTS ONLY
New students are required to complete an online world language placement test.
2. Impact Test
Please complete the online impact test for the athletic department.
4. Mail Transcript
NEW STUDENTS ONLY
Please mail your final transcript to:
Patrick Miller, Dean of Enrollment
500 Old Farms Road
Avon, CT 06001
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do we know what classes to sign up for?
- Where and when do I get my class supplies?
- If I am a day student, what should I bring to school every day?
- How will I know where to find my classes?
- How do I get my books?
- Where do I send my final transcript?
- Is there extra academic support available?
- What is the daily schedule?
- Is there a mentor program?
- What is the dress code?
- What is the policy on personal appearance?
- When will I know who my advisor is?
- How can I sign out to go home or leave for the day?
- Do the weekend activities cost anything?
- Can I bring valuable items such as bikes and scooters?
- I am a day student, what do I need for the school year?
- When do I get my school patch and tie?
FAll 2020: AThletics at Avon
In response to the cancellation of all Founders League interscholastic competition, Avon has a vast array of flexible options to allow for participation and competition. We are planning on offering the following athletic training opportunities/afternoon activities this fall.
HEALTH & WELLNESS
- What happens if I get sick in the middle of the night?
- Where do I keep prescription medication?
- Does the school offer any counseling services?
- Is a PPD test required?
- How recently should our son have his physical?
- How should medical forms be submitted to Avon Old Farms?
- Does my son need health insurance?
- What protocols are in place for concussions?
- What vaccines does the school require to attend?
I have a question, who do I contact?
Our big brother program this year is going to look a little different from past programs. This year, we solicited applications from boys who were rising juniors and seniors, and from that pool we selected 40 boys to be big brothers, based on their character, grades, involvement in the school, etc.
Each big brother will have a team of new boys and will act as a student advisor. He will meet frequently and consistently with his team of little brothers (each big will have about four "littles", and each group will be a mix of freshmen, sophomores, and upper-class new boys) to acclimate them to the school as well as help them with the transition to life at Avon.
It is our hope that these small advisory teams will also remain close even when their new-boy year comes to an end. The "bigs" brothers will communicate with the "littles" as early as possible in the summer, and at least a few times throughout the summer. The "bigs" will be here on move-in day to meet their littles and families.