- 6-7:30 p.m. Photos on Village Green
- 7:30 p.m. Depart Avon
- 8-11 p.m. at The Riverview
- 12 a.m. Back to Avon
Greetings AOF Parents,
The Avon Old Farms and Miss Porter’s School Junior-Senior Prom will be held on Saturday, April 21, 2018 at The Riverview in Simsbury, CT. Students were able to sign up until Wednesday, April 11. All students and guests must use the school transportation provided to and from the prom. The associated costs for this event are as follows:
- Ticket prices are $190 (cost of student and guest, each ticket is $95)*
- Students had the opportunity to be fitted for tuxedos and order flowers on Wednesday, April 4th, and Wednesday, April 11th
- Tuxedo rentals are $119 (this price includes coat, pants, tie, shoes, etc.) or $169 for a slim fit cut. The tuxedos will be provided by Formals by Antonio.
- Corsages are $25 and boutonnieres are $15. Bella Flora will provide the flowers.
Tuxedo rental and flower purchases can be made by check, cash or credit card directly through the vendors.
*No refunds for tickets, tuxedos, and flowers will be given after April 11th, even due to illness, as the school needs to commit to a total number of attendees for the venue.
As stated in our student handbook the policy of the school for its own prom, and proms at other schools, is as follows: boarding students and day students must use the school’s transportation to and from the prom. After the prom, boarding students may not check out with anyone else but their own parents, or with written parental permission. Day students will be released to the custody and responsibility of their parents. The school will not allow students, while under the school’s jurisdiction, to attend pre- or post-prom parties. As in all cases, students are responsible for their own behavior, and any students who bring discredit to the school will be held accountable for their actions.
Please note that your son will be able to sign up for the prom through me, and I will be working with the Business Office to charge his student bank account only for the cost of tickets. The funds need to be available in the account in order for your son to sign up for prom.
If you have any questions relating to your son’s student bank account, please contact Dawn Driggs at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I will also be available to answer any questions relating to the details of prom via email at email@example.com or telephone at 860-404-4132.