The FDA recently authorized bivalent booster vaccines (Moderna and Pfizer) that protect against the original COVID-19 strain and the Omicron variants. In order to give our students and employees easy access to these updated booster vaccines and in an effort to keep our school community as healthy as possible this year, Avon will be hosting a COVID vaccine clinic on Thursday, October 6, from 10:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. The clinic will have all of the following vaccines available:
- MODERNA first or second dose
- MODERNA BIVALENT VACCINE BOOSTER
- PFIZER first or second dose
- PFIZER BIVALENT VACCINE BOOSTER
Please check with your son’s doctor if he has recently had a COVID-19 infection to see when a booster dose might be recommended or if you have any questions regarding which vaccine your son should get. More details regarding COVID booster vaccine information and eligibility can be found on the CDC website here.
The clinic will be open to all students, employees, employee families and day student families.
When can I get the vaccine?
- Two months after any initial vaccine series OR
- Two months after a previous booster
Who is eligible for the vaccine?
- Moderna Bivalent Booster: single booster dose for individuals 18+
- Pfizer Bivalent Booster: single booster dose for individuals 12+