Avon Old Farms School, in cooperation with The Next Street, is pleased to offer Driver’s Education to our students. Students have the opportunity to obtain their driver’s license while still adhering to their academic/athletic schedule. The program will be offered on campus (full schedule listed below). Participants will be eligible for their Connecticut driver’s license at the conclusion of the course.
A few important things to know:
- Students must be 16 years old to begin the class.
- This program is recognized by the Connecticut Department of Motor Vehicles. Any Avon Old Farms student can complete this program and receive their license in the State of Connecticut using their school address, regardless of their state or country of origin. The course will not count towards driver’s education requirements in any other state or country.
- Parents are required to attend a two-hour mandatory parent class (held on campus). If a parent cannot attend this session, we will make alternate arrangements on an individual basis.
- Students must log at least 40 hours of driving with a licensed driver in order to get their license. This time can be completed with anyone who has held their license for more than four years with no suspensions. It must be completed in Connecticut. If you are not able to complete this time, the lessons can be purchased from The Next Street.
- Class 1: *Oct. 12, 3 - 5 p.m. (Mandatory Parent and Student Class for ages 16 and 17) *Parent Class held after Class 3
- Class 2: Sep. 30, 12 - 2 p.m.
- Class 3: Oct. 7, 12 - 2 p.m.
- Class 4: Oct. 21, 12 - 2 p.m.
- Class 5: Oct. 28, 12 - 2 p.m. (18+ only)
- Class 1: *Apr. 28, 10 a.m. - 12 p.m. (Mandatory Parent and Student Class for ages 16 and 17) * Parent Class held at end of the session
- Class 2: Feb. 10, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Class 3: Feb. 17, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Class 4: Feb. 24, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Class 5: Mar. 3, 11 a.m. - 1 p.m. (18+ only)
Students can enroll online by visiting The Next Street's website and selecting your school or by contacting our boarding school specialist Laurie Sheahan. Laurie is available by phone at 860.631.4293, by email at laurie.sheahan@
Enrollment season has a very high call and email volume; therefore, we are offering a “Beat the Rush” discount of $50 off. The discount will only come off if you enroll online and use the promo code BOARD by Sept. 15.