All students (boarding and day) must have an emergency contact that lives within 300 miles (5 hours) driving distance from the school.
Emergency contacts must pick up and assume care for any student whose parents/guardians are unavailable or can not pick up their son within 8 hours of notification.
Some of the reasons the student may need to be picked up are, but not limited to, student isolation requirements due to a communicable disease such as influenza or COVID-19, mandated quarantine, school shut down/vacations, medical or mental health issues requiring close supervision or hospitalization, or a disciplinary issue.
If you need assistance with finding an emergency contact, we have provided a list of emergency contact service companies which can be accessed on our website at www.avonoldfarms.com/emergencycontactagencies.
Please note that these companies are third party providers who will enter into a contract with you directly and bill you for their services. Our staff, Mr. Doyle and Mrs. Rooney, will be in touch with your son daily during their off campus quarantine or isolation period. Our goal for them is to work as a liaison between the students and the emergency service company.
Emergency Contact Services:
- Student Concierge Services, Kimberly Summers. Ms. Summers is the parent of an Avon graduate. She has been in this business for 6 years. Her website has a page specifically dedicated for emergency contact services.
- WWGSA, this service is available for all international students. They have a designated team for students from China.
- Guardian Service by Andrew Kwak. One of our families from South Korea has recommended this service. The service is located in MA, where they own a house in a residential neighborhood to host the students.
- Andrew Kwak
- 631 664 7615
- Sung Mo Kang
- 617 455 2718
- Andrew Kwak
- Cogito World Education (our students have used this service in the past for school breaks): https://cogitoworldeducation.org/2020/05/27/guardianship-services/
- Student Health Advocates This group works with other boarding schools in the area.
- Pete Tonkin