Plan Ahead: 2021–22
Welcome to Avon Old FArms!
Your son is an Avonian now ...this fall he will be taught and nurtured by our expert team of boy-educators; along the way, he will leave his own mark on our campus as well. Our teachers, coaches, deans, and wellness staff are trained to infuse each learning experience with methodology specific to how boys best receive knowledge.
Here's some important dates, resources, FAQs on all facets of Avon life, and a guide on who to reach out to with specific questions. The 2021–22 school year is sure to be packed with memorable experiences so check our photo gallery often to download photos of your son throughout the year!
The school will offer transportation from Bradley International Airport and John F Kennedy International Airport to campus at the start of school and throughout the school year for long breaks. Representatives from the school will be stationed at a predetermined location and will wear Avon hats and shirts so that your son can find them easily. If you would like to take advantage of this service, please fill out the corresponding form below. Once you complete the online form, a representative from the school will reach out to you and your son with detailed pick-up instructions. For further arrival times and airport locations, please arrange a car or taxi on your own.
- Is there a mentor program?
- What is the dress code?
- When do I get my school patch and tie?
- What is the policy on personal appearance?
- When will I know who my advisor is?
- How can I sign out to go home or leave for the day?
- Is there a charge for weekend activities?
- Can I bring valuable items such as bikes and scooters?
- I am a day student, what do I need for the school year?
HEALTH & WELLNESS
- What happens if I get sick in the middle of the night?
- Where do I keep prescription medication?
- Does the school offer any counseling services?
- Is a PPD test required?
- How recently should our son have his physical?
- How should medical forms be submitted to Avon Old Farms?
- Does my son need health insurance?
- What protocols are in place for concussions?
I have a question, who do I contact?
Our big brother program this year is going to look a little different from past programs. This year, we solicited applications from boys who were rising juniors and seniors, and from that pool we selected 40 boys to be big brothers, based on their character, grades, involvement in the school, etc.
Each big brother will have a team of new boys and will act as a student advisor. He will meet frequently and consistently with his team of little brothers (each big will have about four "littles", and each group will be a mix of freshmen, sophomores, and upper-class new boys) to acclimate them to the school as well as help them with the transition to life at Avon.
It is our hope that these small advisory teams will also remain close even when their new-boy year comes to an end. The "bigs" brothers will communicate with the "littles" as early as possible in the summer, and at least a few times throughout the summer. The "bigs" will be here on move-in day to meet their littles and families.