2023-24 Family Resources
Welcome to Avon Old Farms!
Your son is an Avonian now ...this fall he will be taught and nurtured by our expert team of boy-educators; along the way, he will leave his own mark on our campus as well. Our teachers, coaches, deans, and wellness staff are trained to infuse each learning experience with methodology specific to how boys best receive knowledge.
Here are some important dates, resources, FAQs on all facets of Avon life, and a guide on who to reach out to with specific questions. The 2023–24 school year is sure to be packed with memorable experiences so check our photo gallery often to download photos of your son throughout the year!
Upcoming Orientation Webinars:
No Upcoming Meetings
AOF Academic Welcome Meeting
June 6, 2023
Student Life Webinar
June 13, 2023
Health Center Webinar
June 20, 2023
Head of School Webinar
August 21, 2023
- How do we know what classes to sign up for?
- Where and when do I get my class supplies?
- If I am a day student, what should I bring to school every day?
- What computer should I bring?
- How will I know where to find my classes?
- How do I get my books?
- Where do I send my final transcript?
- Is there extra academic support available?
- Is there a mentor program?
- What is the dress code?
- When do I get my school patch and tie?
- What is the policy on personal appearance?
- When will I know who my advisor is?
- How can I sign out to go home or leave for the day?
- Is there a charge for weekend activities?
- Can I bring valuable items such as bikes and scooters?
- I am a day student, what do I need for the school year?
- What should I pack?
- What size is my bed?
- When will I know who my roommate is?
- What can I bring into my dorm room?
- What can I not bring?
- Are we allowed to have food in our dorm rooms? When can we order food for delivery?
- How does my laundry get done?
- Can I ship items to the school?
- Can students complete driver's ed courses while at school?
HEALTH & WELLNESS
- What happens if I get sick in the middle of the night?
- Where do I keep prescription medication?
- Does the school offer any counseling services?
- Is a PPD test required?
- How recently should our son have his physical?
- How should medical forms be submitted to Avon Old Farms?
- Does my son need health insurance?
- What protocols are in place for concussions?
I have a question, who do I contact?
Our big brother program this year is going to look a little different from past programs. This year, we solicited applications from boys who were rising juniors and seniors, and from that pool we selected 40 boys to be big brothers, based on their character, grades, involvement in the school, etc.
Each big brother will have a team of new boys and will act as a student advisor. He will meet frequently and consistently with his team of little brothers (each big will have about four "littles", and each group will be a mix of freshmen, sophomores, and upper-class new boys) to acclimate them to the school as well as help them with the transition to life at Avon.
It is our hope that these small advisory teams will also remain close even when their new-boy year comes to an end. The "bigs" brothers will communicate with the "littles" as early as possible in the summer, and at least a few times throughout the summer. The "bigs" will be here on move-in day to meet their littles and families.