Parents of Avon
PARENTS OF AVON MISSION
With the concurrence of the Avon Old Farms School headmaster and Board of Directors, and in accordance with the school’s philosophy, the mission of the Avon Old Farms Parents of Avon is to promote camaraderie and a sense of community among Avon families and friends and enhance the academic, athletic, and extracurricular experiences of the Men of Avon.
PARENTS OF AVON BOARD
Co-Vice Presidents & Blue Blazer Ball Acquisitions
Sabrina Rettaliata P'16, '21
Michael Shea P'21
Barbara Corliss P'20
Mark Puglielli P’21
Leslie Mather P’20
Amy Morris P’20
Susan Reboul P’21
Members at Large
Rick Gross P’19
Todd Root P’15, ’20
What We Do
Meetings take place Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. in the Commons Room.
- September 26, 2018: Headmaster’s welcome and a presentation on Community Service and Club opportunities.
- October 10, 2018:
- Headmaster LaRocque presents the Faculty Wish List
- Meet the next Headmaster, Jim Detora
- John Bourgault talks about athletic and other afternoon activities.
- November 7, 2018: A tour of the newly renovated Hockey Complex
- December 5, 2018: Arthur Custer, Dean, presents The Boar’s Head Celebration
- January 16, 2019: The Day Student Program
- February 6, 2019: A presentation on 2019 Intersession Courses
- February 27, 2019: A Singed Beaver serenade and a “below steps” visit to the Music Facility
- April 3, 2019: Final Blue Blazer Ball Prep
- April 17, 2019: A Trip to the Estabrook Arts Center
- May 15, 2019: End-of-Year Celebration at the Nimrod Cabin & Pavilion
Our monthly email reminders will provide more details about each program and information on how to join the meeting remotely.
Blue Blazer Ball
Blue Blazer Ball Save the Date: April 27, 2019
This annual spring dinner and auction gala provides a unique opportunity for the extended Avon Old Farms family to celebrate the traditions and values of this exceptional school. The purpose of our fundraising endeavors is to enhance the boys’ experiences during their years at Avon Old Farms School.
Last year’s event raised a record-breaking $140,000 for the Student Enrichment Fund and $95,000 for the Outreach Program.
The Student Enrichment Fund supports enhancements in academics, sports, arts and extracurricular activities for the benefit of Avon students.
Here are just a few examples of how the Student Enrichment Fund was used last year:
- 3D printer for Club Forge to build drones
- Ropes course, tubing & Six Flags for class orientation programs
- Birthday card and $5 for each student
- Visiting authors, artists and workshops
- Live streaming athletic contests
- Boar’s Head tenderloin steaks
- Intersession project funding
- Solar waste compactors
- Riddlers’ trip to London & France
The Outreach Program was established by Avon Old Farms School to provide financial resources, as finances allow, to support students with demonstrated financial need who encounter unexpected financial difficulties. Monies awarded are outright grants without the expectation of repayment.