Parents of Avon
PARENTS OF AVON MISSION
With the concurrence of the Avon Old Farms School headmaster and Board of Directors, and in accordance with the school’s philosophy, the mission of the Avon Old Farms Parents of Avon is to promote camaraderie and a sense of community among Avon families and friends and enhance the academic, athletic, and extracurricular experiences of the Men of Avon.
PARENTS OF AVON BOARD
Co-Vice Presidents & Blue Blazer Ball Acquisitions
Sabrina Rettaliata P'16, '21
Michael Shea P'21
Barbara Corliss P'20
Mark Puglielli P’21
Leslie Mather P’20
Amy Morris P’20
Susan Reboul P’21
Members at Large
Todd Root P’15, ’20
What We Do
Wednesday, September 25 at 6:30 p.m. in the Brown Auditorium
- Welcome and introductions
- Prep4Ward discussion: a new program for the boys that focuses on personal growth, leadership, life skills, and health and wellness will be presented by Heather and Graham Callaghan
For those of you who are in the area on Thursday night, October 17th, please join us at our Parents of Avon meeting 6:30 in the Brown Auditorium.
This special presentation will feature students speakers who will be explain the club and community service extracurricular offerings available to your sons.
Thursday, October 17 at 6:30 p.m. in Brown Auditorium
- We'll learn how the proceeds from last year's Blue Blazer Ball will be used to enhance the program and benefit our students this year
- Student leaders will speak about Community Service and Club Opportunities
Afterward, the Parents of Avon, invite you to come meet and catch up with fellow parents as we head into a fun, festive weekend! We hope you can join us!
8 p.m.First & Last Tavern26 West Main StreetAvon, CTPizza provided / cash bar
October 18-19 Family Weekend
Wednesday, November 13 at 6:30 p.m. in the Commons Room
- General meeting followed by a trip to the newly-renovated Estabrook Fine Arts Center
Wednesday, December 11 at 6:30 p.m. at the Headmaster's Residence
- Atory of the Boar's Head Celebration—told by School Historian Arthur Custer.
- Walk to the Refectory to see the holiday decorations
Wednesday, January 15 at 6:30 p.m. in the Commons Room
- General meeting to introduce the Blue Blazer Ball
Wednesday, January 29 at 6:30 p.m. in Brown Auditorium
- PLEASE NOTE DATE CHANGE!
- General meeting and a student presentation on Intersession 2020
Wednesday, February 26 at 6:30 p.m. in the Commons Room
- The Blue Blazer Ball invitation stuffing party
Wednesday, April 1 at 6:30 p.m. in the Commons Room
- General meeting to put the finishing touches on the Blue Blazer Ball
Saturday, April 25 Blue Blazer Ball
Wednesday, May 13 at 6:30 p.m. End-of-Year Celebration at Nimrod Cabin
Our monthly email reminders will provide more details about each program and information on how to join the meeting remotely.
Blue Blazer Ball
Blue Blazer Ball Save the Date: April 25, 2020
This annual spring dinner and auction gala provides a unique opportunity for the extended Avon Old Farms family to celebrate the traditions and values of this exceptional school. The purpose of our fundraising endeavors is to enhance the boys’ experiences during their years at Avon Old Farms School.
Last year’s event raised a record-breaking $140,000 for the Student Enrichment Fund and $95,000 for the Outreach Program.
The Student Enrichment Fund supports enhancements in academics, sports, arts and extracurricular activities for the benefit of Avon students.
Here are just a few examples of how the Student Enrichment Fund was used last year:
- 3D printer for Club Forge to build drones
- Ropes course, tubing & Six Flags for class orientation programs
- Birthday card and $5 for each student
- Visiting authors, artists and workshops
- Live streaming athletic contests
- Boar’s Head tenderloin steaks
- Intersession project funding
- Solar waste compactors
The Outreach Program was established by Avon Old Farms School to provide financial resources, as finances allow, to support students with demonstrated financial need who encounter unexpected financial difficulties. Monies awarded are outright grants without the expectation of repayment.