Day Student Monitor Application or the 2020-2021 School Year
Each spring, members of the sophomore and junior class are invited to apply to become monitors for the following academic year.
- The Student Council and the current group of Day Student Monitors nominate those students who, in their opinion, would be effective monitors
- The Administration, led by the Associate Headmaster and the Deans of Students select approximately 10 students to be Day Student Monitors for the following school year.
- Applicants will be notified prior to June 1.
- Monitors will be expected to participate in training sessions over the summer (roughly once a month).
Students who wish to be Day Monitors for the 2020-21 school year should complete this form before May 11, 2020.
As you consider submitting an application to become a DayMonitor, please know we have identified a few factors / characteristics which, we believe, impact a student’s ability to be effective.
- Monitors must lead by example. Attendance at morning meetings, weekend programs, and participation in school events are all essential.
- Monitors must exemplify the conduct we expect from all of our students.
- Monitors need to be confident / strong willed / empathetic. This is not a popularity contest.
- Are you capable of stepping up (for example to stop an activity) when no one else is?
- Are you able to put yourself in someone else’s shoes to understand and support them when they may be struggling?
In the space below, please share your thoughts on why you are applying to be a monitor and what makes you a strong candidate. Consider the following as you make your case to be a monitor.