Dorm Monitor Application or the 2020-2021 School Year
Each spring, members of the sophomore and junior class are invited to apply to become monitors for the following academic year.
- The Student Council nominates those students who, in the opinion of the Council, would be effective monitors
- The Dormitory Heads and Assistant Dorm Heads select those students they believe would be effective monitors.
- The Administration, led by the Associate Headmaster and the Deans of Students, make the final selections.
Students who wish to be monitors for the 2020-21 School year should complete and share this form with Mr. Brian Doyle before April 25, 2020.
As you consider submitting an application to become a Dormitory Monitor, please know we have identified a few factors / characteristics which, we believe, impact a student’s ability to be effective.
- Monitors need to be on campus. Monitors are expected to be on campus for at least 75% of the weekends while school is in session.
- Monitors must lead by example.
- Monitors need to be confident / strong willed / empathetic.
- Are you capable of stepping up (for example to stop an activity) when no one else is?
- Are you able to put yourself in someone else’s shoes to understand and support them when they may be struggling?
In the space below, please share your thoughts on why you are applying to be a monitor and what makes you a strong candidate. Consider the following as you make your case to be a monitor.