December 13 - 15, 2018
Game 1— Gunnery vs. Trinity Pawling at Jennings Fairchild Rink
RESULTS: Gunnery 4, Trinity Pawling 3
Game 2—Berkshire vs. Avon at Jennings Fairchild Rink
RESULTS: AOF 5, Berkshire 0
|5 -7 p.m.||Dinner|
Game 3— Loomis Chaffee vs. Kent at Jennings Fairchild Rink
RESULTS: Kent 4, Loomis Chaffee 3 in OT
Game 4— Tabor vs. St. Paul’s at Jennings Fairchild Rink
RESULTS: St. Paul's 2, Tabor 1 in OT
|7 - 8 a.m.||Breakfast|
|7:30 a.m.||Loomis Chaffee and Trinity-Pawling leave for Trinity College Rink|
Game 5—Loomis Chaffee vs. Trinity-Pawling at Trinity College Rink
RESULTS: Trinity-Pawling 4, Loomis Chaffee 1
Game 6—Kent vs. Gunnery at Jennings Fairchild Rink
RESULTS: Gunnery 4, Kent 3 in shootout
St. Paul’s and Berkshire leave for Trinity College Rink
Game 7—St. Paul’s vs. Berkshire at Trinity College Rink
RESULTS: St. Paul's 4, Bekshire 0
Game 8—Tabor vs. Avon at Jennings Fairchild Rink
RESULTS: AOF 4, Tabor 3
|12 - 2 p.m.||Lunch|
Game 9—Loomis Chaffee vs. Gunnery at Jennings Fairchild Rink
RESULTS: Gunnery 3, Loomis 2 in OT
Game 10—Trinity Pawling vs. Kent at Jennings Fairchild Rink
RESULTS: Kent 4, Trinity Pawling 1
|5 - 7 p.m.||Dinner|
Game 11—Berkshire vs. Tabor at Jennings Fairchild Rink
RESULTS: Tabor 7, Berkshire 2
Game 12—St. Paul’s vs. Avon at Jennings Fairchild Rink
RESULTS: St. Paul's 2, Avon 1 in shootout
|6:30 - 8:30 a.m.||Breakfast|
Game 13—Berkshire vs Loomis at Jennings Fairchild Rink
RESULTS: Loomis Chaffee 2, Berkshire 0
Game 14—TP vs Tabor at Jennings Fairchild Rink
RESULTS: Tabor 2, Trinity-Pawling 1
|11 a.m. - 1 p.m.||Lunch|
Game 15—Avon vs Kent at Jennings Fairchild Rink
RESULTS: Avon 6, Kent 4
Game 16—St. Paul's vs Gunnery— Championship Final at Jennings Fairchild Rink
RESULTS: Gunnery 2, St. Paul's 0
Christmas Classic Photos Available!
Visit Cam Andrew's gallery to download photographs of your favorite hockey players from all the teams!
- Berkshire School, Sheffield, Massachusetts
- The Gunnery School, Washington, Connecticut
- Kent School, Kent, Connecticut
- Loomis Chaffee, Windsor, Connecticut
- St. Paul’s School, Concord, New Hampshire
- Tabor Academy, Marion, Massachusetts
- Trinity-Pawling School, Pawling, New York
- Avon Old Farms School, Avon, Connecticut
For all games, the first-named team will wear white. Each team will play four games. There will be round-robin competition within each division. On Saturday, cross-divisional play will take place with the 4th place finishers in each division meeting; 3rd place and so on. 1. In the event that 2 teams are tied, head to head results will determine placement. 2. Ties between three teams with the same record will be broken first by goal differential and next by head to head results.
|The Gunnery School|
|Loomis Chaffee School|
|Avon Old Farms School|
|St. Paul's School|
Games and Rules:
- All games are to consist of two halves of 25 minutes with an ice resurfacing between the two halves, except the championship game that will consist of three 18-minute periods.
- Games will be played under NCAA Rules. Minor penalties will be 2 minutes and Major penalties will be 5 minutes, and Misconduct penalties will be 10 minutes.
- No team may use more than twenty-one (21) players (including goalies) in a game.
- The tie-breaking procedure for all games except the championship final will be as follows: one five minute “sudden death” period will be played. If the game is still tied, there will be a three-man “shoot out”. If this result in a tie, there will then be a “sudden death” shoot out: with no player shooting more than once. (The original three having moved to the bottom of the order of shooters.) If the championship final game is tied, a five minute “sudden death” overtime period will be played; followed by 18 minute “sudden death” periods until a verdict is reached. Warm-up periods for each game will be seven minutes.
Admission tickets ($10.00) for all games will be available at the gate to the rink. Admission per game is $5.00. (Tickets are complimentary for participants, coaches, etc.)
- Avon Old Farms School—(860) 404-4100;
- Rink Training Room ext. 4187 or Rink Manager ext. 4294
- Trinity College Rink—(860) 297-5176
Boarding and Lodging:
All teams requesting lodging will be housed in the dormitories of Avon Old Farms School. Room assignments will be given out upon arrival of the team.
All meals will be served in the dining hall at Avon Old Farms School. Only players and coaches can eat in the dining hall. Parents and friends are encouraged to make alternative dining plans.
The tournament fee of $1,000.00 should be sent to:
John Gardner, Associate Headmaster
Avon Old Farms School
500 Old Farms Road
Avon, CT 06001
Squads must be limited to twenty-four (24) people (including coaches, manager, etc.)
Parents and friends desiring accommodations should make reservations at:
Avon Old Farms Hotel in Avon — (860) 677-1651
The Farmington Inn in Farmington — (860) 677-2821
Residence Inn by Marriott in Avon – (860) 678-1666
The Hartford/Farmington Marriott Hotel in Farmington — (860) 678-1000
Teams needing transportation to and from Trinity College—$50 fee each way (pay driver with check or cash) must call ahead if transportation is required.